- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marilyn Schwach, 84, of Chaffee, Mo., died Friday, Sept. 21, 2007, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born Oct. 21, 1922, daughter of Charles and Laura Kreugert Schoenherr. She married Nicholas H. Schwach on May 24, 1946. He died Oct. 27, 2001.
Schwach was a housekeeper at the Red Carpet Hotel in St. Louis and served in the U.S. Marine Corps. She was a member of St. Ambrose Church in Chaffee; Daughters of St. Ambrose; and Chaffee American Legion Auxiliary Post No. 389. She is survived by daughters Margaret Ann Schwach of Chaffee; Diane Sue Heisserer of Woodson Terrace, Mo.; Sandra Kay LaGrand of O'Fallon, Mo.; Deborah May Speedy of Foley, Mo.; a brother, Roy Schoenherr of New Mexico; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, two brothers and eight sisters.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee; with parish prayers at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral is at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Church in Chaffee, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Church Cemetery.