- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
William Hood Jr.
William Edward Hood Jr., 45, of Springfield, Tenn., died Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2007.
He was born at Beaufort, S.C., son of the late William Edward Hood Sr., and Joan Snider Slaughter, on May 12, 1962.
Hood worked as a financial adviser for Edward Jones and was active in the Robertson County YMCA and the First United Methodist Church. He was a Rotarian.
Survivors include his wife, Tammy Simpson Hood; sons Tyler Edward and Matthew Spencer and a daughter, Mackenzie Marie Hood; all of Springfield, Ill.; his mother and stepfather of Rudi, Mo.; his stepmother; a sister, Robin Rao of Jenkintown, Penn.; a brother, Lucas McWilliams of Cape Girardeau; and a grandmother.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Funeral was Friday at the Austin and Bell Funeral Home in Springfield, Tenn. He was buried in Robertson County Memorial Gardens in Springfield, Tenn.