- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Vastie Griffin, 100, of Sikeston died Monday, Dec. 29, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 5, 1903, in Red Banks, Miss., daughter of George and Lula Young. She and John Griffin were married in 1926.
Griffin was a member of St. John Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Annie Griffin of Sikeston; a son, Johnny Griffin of Detroit, Mich.; two sisters, Mary Jackson of Detroit, Elizabeth Flowers of Benton Harbor, Mich.; 24 grandchildren; 68 great-grandchildren; and 41 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, three sons, a daughter, a grandson, and six great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Inspirational Word Church after 1 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the church, with Franklin Jones and John Chandler officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Williams-Farr and Purnell Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.