- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Christeen Lilly Slinkard, 91, of Jackson died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007, at Monticello House.
She was born March 4, 1916, in Vanduser, Mo., daughter of John Henry and Mary Husk Clark. She and Eugene Slinkard were married Nov. 3, 1933, in Jackson. He died July 10, 2001.
Slinkard was a member of Gospel Kingdom Church in Jonesboro, Ill. She was an agent with Pyramid Insurance Co. several years.
Survivors include a son, Thomas Slinkard of Millersville; three daughters, Joyce Myers of Oak Ridge, June Landers of Gardner, Ill., Lawanda Crook of Dwight, Ill.; a brother, Thomas Finley of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a daughter, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bon Reynolds and Richard Reynolds officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery at Chaffee, Mo.