- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
The Voice Box 9/21/07
What do you think about the use of human growth hormones or steroids in sports?
"I guess it's bad because it's cheating, and it makes the people who don't use it have to work harder to do well."
Russell Hoffman, senior, at Central High School
"Steroids give an unfair advantage to players who use them. I don't agree with it, especially in competition, because not everyone starts out physically at the same level."
Heather Hileman, senior, Jackson High School
"I don't think it's fair, but that's about it."
Valerie Brown, senior, Jackson High School
"I don't really agree with it. They should just work out, not use a steroid to get better."
Jade Freeman, junior, Jackson High School
Use your voice: What do you think about city-enforced curfews? Text your opinion to (573) 200-3394 or log on to semissourian.com/blogs/thevoicebox.