- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
GORHAM, Ill. -- Ruthann Meade, 46, of Gorham died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born July 7, 1961, in Newport, R.I., daughter of Carl Vernell and Shirley Mae West Williams. She and Stephen K. Meade were married Dec. 2, 1994, in Cobden, Ill.
Meade had worked at Nutritional Headquarters of Carbondale. She was formerly of Cobden and was a member of Limestone Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Justin Hunt of Sisterdale, Texas, Josh Meade of Murphysboro, Ill., Daniel Meade of Gorham; her mother of Anna, Ill.; a sister, Kathy Pennington of Carbondale; and maternal grandmother, Mildred West of Anna.
She was preceded in death by her father and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Mixen officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery.