- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mo. toddler killed when dad's semi crashes
FAIR PLAY, Mo. (AP) -- A 2-year-old boy is dead after his father's 18-wheeler went out of control and crashed near Fair Play in southwest Missouri.
A Missouri State Highway Patrol report said Dustin Hoestetler of Halfway was pronounced dead at the scene of the 2:35 p.m. crash Tuesday.
The 1994 Peterbilt driven by 26-year-old Herman Hoestetler left the road, went through a fence, struck an embankment and flipped over.
The Highway Patrol said the boy was not in a child seat or wearing a safety restraint.
On the Net:
Missouri State Highway Patrol: http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov