- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
DEXTER, Mo. -- Emma D. Pittman, 75, of Dexter died Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2003, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
She was born Oct. 8, 1928, at Greenbrier, Mo., the daughter of Henry and Evie Borders Jones. She married Leon Pittman in 1942 at Zalma, Mo. He preceded her in death on Aug. 15, 1958.
She is survived by three sons, Douglas Pittman of Brownwood, Mo., Larry Pittman of Dexter and Jerry Pittman of Marble Hill, Mo.; a daughter, Carolyn Moody of Zalma; a brother, Carl Jones Jr. of Marble Hill; a sister, Ruth Hill of Redfern, Kan.; 11 grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by two grandson, two daughters and a son.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home with the Revs. Rudy Pittman and Eldo Eaker officiating.
Burial will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.