- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Lula Lois Etherton, 80, of Jonesboro died Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2003, at her home.
She was born Nov. 4, 1923, in Mulkeytown, Ill., the daughter of William Carl and Lula Maude Snider Short.
She worked as tech at Choate Mental Hospital for many years.
She is survived by a daughter, Bonnie Goodman of Wolf Lake, Ill.; two sons, Dean High of Florida and Jackie High of Pahrump, Nev.; a sister, Dorothy Rone of Benton, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. today at the Mulkeytown Cemetery with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating.