- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mildred M. Young, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born June 15, 1919, in Graves County, Ky., the daughter of Floyd W. and Eugenia E. Scherfflus Morris. She married Walter Young on May 15, 1942, in Kennett, Mo. He survives.
She was the controller for Siebert Brothers Trucking and also worked for the IGA Foodliner in Sikeston, Mo., and Wards Food Store.
She was a member of the Church of Christ.
She also is survived by two daughters, Helen Goninan of Memphis, Tenn., and Jayne Keller of Jackson; a sister, Helen Morris of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Services will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home with the Rev. Kenneth Harper officiating.
Burial will be at the Portageville Cemetery in Portageville, Mo.