- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Mary Eileen Coleman, 60, of Anna died Monday, Sept. 17, 2007, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Dec. 19, 1946, in Chicago, daughter of William M. and Helen Anne Novak Coleman Sr.
Coleman was a 1964 graduate of Kankakee High School, attended Kankakee Community College, and received a bachelor's degree from Illinois State University in 1970.
She was a retired agent with Illinois Department of Revenue. She had been a foster parent with Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Coleman was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, served on the parish council, and was a volunteer leader in the Belleville Diocese.
Survivors include five brothers, John Coleman of North Chicago, Larry Coleman of Kankakee, Neil Coleman of Buncombe, Ill., Jim Coleman of Cary, N.C., Jerry Coleman of Florida; and a sister, Laura Noeth of Hopkinsville, Ky.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Church, with Monsignor Dennis Schaefer officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.