- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Mary Eileen Coleman, 60, of Anna died Monday, Sept. 17, 2007, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Dec. 19, 1946, in Chicago, daughter of William M. and Helen Anne Novak Coleman Sr.
Coleman was a 1964 graduate of Kankakee High School, attended Kankakee Community College, and received a bachelor's degree from Illinois State University in 1970.
She was a retired agent with Illinois Department of Revenue. She had been a foster parent with Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Coleman was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, served on the parish council, and was a volunteer leader in the Belleville Diocese.
Survivors include five brothers, John Coleman of North Chicago, Larry Coleman of Kankakee, Neil Coleman of Buncombe, Ill., Jim Coleman of Cary, N.C., Jerry Coleman of Florida; and a sister, Laura Noeth of Hopkinsville, Ky.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Church, with Monsignor Dennis Schaefer officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.