- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Benjamin Millering Jr., 75, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Sept. 15, 2007, at his home.
He was a veteran of the Korean conflict, serving in the U.S. Air Force.
Millering was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral, Air Force Sergeants Association and Veterans of Foreign Wars.
He is survived by two daughters, Paula Thomas of Neelyville, Mo., Jackie Rice of The Woodlands, Texas; a son, Mark Millering of Jackson; a sister, Mildred Pruitt of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
A private funeral was held Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Charles Gilliland officiating. Interment was in Cape County Memorial Park.
A memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary's Cathedral or the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.