- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Plenty of Show Me sports
The thousands of high school basketball fans who cheered for their favorite teams at the Southeast Missouri Christmas Tournament this year at the Show Me Center had their share of thrills.
The championship game between Jackson and Cape Girardeau's Central High School nearly filled the house, which made the Show Me Center an exciting place to be.
But it wasn't just the final game that attracted fans. All of the games were special for the participating teams and their supporters. This year's tournament set scoring records and featured a number of games that were decided by tight margins. On the whole, there was an atmosphere of good sportsmanship.
Hats off to the organizers who made this 59th annual event another holiday classic.
The Show Me Center will be rollicking again today when the Saint Francis Indoor Soccer Tournament kicks off featuring nearly 100 teams from all over the region. The tournament will continue through Sunday.
The indoor tournament features youngsters who are just getting involved in soccer programs as well as high school-age players who are some of the most skilled soccer athletes around.
An the Harlem Globetrotters are scheduled to play in the Show Me Center Wednesday.
Anyone looking for local sports events over the holidays will find plenty to keep them busy at the Show Me Center.