- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
First baby of the new year
Unaware of what was going on, John Atkinson IV posed with his happy mom, Melissa Atkinson, and dad, John Atkinson III celebrating the first baby born for the New Year in Cape Girardeau.
John IV was born at Southeast Missouri Hospital at 4:29 p.m., weighing in at 7 pounds, 8 ounces. He will join his brother Caleb, 4, and his sister Olivia, 5, at the family's home in Bernie, Mo.