- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Vivian Pearl Roth, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Sept. 14, 2007, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Sept. 14, 1927, in McClure, Ill., daughter of John Franklin and Eva E. Goodman Verble. She and Elbert "Elwood" Roth married Oct. 3, 1959, in Cape Girardeau. He died Jan. 25, 1984.
Roth was employed by Florsheim Shoe as a floor manager, retiring in 1987. She was a member of Bethel Assembly of God.
Survivors include a sister, Margaret L. Fornkahl of Cape Girardeau, and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Phillip Roop officiating.
Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at McClure, Ill.