- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Louis Glastetter, 81, of Benton died Friday, Sept. 14, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 2, 1926, in Kelso, Mo., son of Paul Joseph and Anna Helen Scherer Glastetter. He and Anna Mary Bucher were married March 28, 1951, in New Hamburg, Mo.
Glastetter was a farmer. He also worked for Drury Co. and as a cemetery sexton for Lightner and St. Joseph cemeteries for 20 years. Glastetter was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include his wife of Benton; two sons, Thomas Glastetter of Cape Girardeau, Robert Glastetter of Benton; six daughters, Helen Miller of Scott City, Anna Presley of West Frankfort, Ill., Lori Seyer, Nancy Buell, Jane Lix, Bonnie Hulshof, all of Benton; five sisters, Aurelia Muster of Gordonville, Rita Kluesner of Chaffee, Mo., Helen Vandeven of Leopold, Mo., Coletta Neff of Waterloo, Ill., Bertha Seyer of Dutchtown; three brothers, Bill Glastetter, John Glastetter, both of Scott City, Sylvester Glastetter of Kelso; and 17 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton; parish prayers are at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Denis Catholic Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating.
Burial will be at St. Denis Church Cemetery in Benton.