- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ethel R. Koelzer, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Dec. 29, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Feb. 13, 1916, in Illmo, daughter of Henry and Christina Sanders Held. She married George Koelzer, who died Feb. 21, 1956.
Mrs. Koelzer was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include two daughters and a son-in-law, Carolyn Taylor of Cape Girardeau, Kay and Gilbert Boren of McClure, Ill.; a son, Allen Koelzer of Scott City; a brother, Allen Held of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Grace Cox of Texas.
Also surviving are grandchildren and spouses, Brian Schneider and Tonya of Waco, Texas, Ryan Boren and Cammi of Jonesboro, Ill., Sara Boren of Jonesboro; six great-grandchildren, Curtis Boren, Caleigh Boren and Lucas Boren, all of Jonesboro, Jessica Schneider, Megan Howard and Dakota Schneider, all of Waco; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Barbara Schneider, four brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 11 a.m. until service time.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to Trinity Lutheran School or Saxony Lutheran High School.