- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Bald man accused of trying to steal hair-loss product
OSSINING, N.Y. -- A bald man went into a pharmacy and stole five bottles of a hair loss treatment but was caught while running away, police said.
Mark Hoousendove, 42, was arrested on misdemeanor charges of petty larceny and resisting arrest, Detective Lt. William Sullivan said. The product was worth about $50.
Hoousendove, of Freeport, had just dropped off friends who were visiting an inmate at Sing Sing prison Sunday when he went into the pharmacy, police said. An officer nearby chased him and grabbed him, they said.
Hoousendove was jailed in lieu of $3,000 bail and was due in court Thursday.
There was no telephone listing for Hoousendove at the home address provided by police, and a call to the only listing for a Hoousendove in Freeport rang unanswered.