- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Bald man accused of trying to steal hair-loss product
OSSINING, N.Y. -- A bald man went into a pharmacy and stole five bottles of a hair loss treatment but was caught while running away, police said.
Mark Hoousendove, 42, was arrested on misdemeanor charges of petty larceny and resisting arrest, Detective Lt. William Sullivan said. The product was worth about $50.
Hoousendove, of Freeport, had just dropped off friends who were visiting an inmate at Sing Sing prison Sunday when he went into the pharmacy, police said. An officer nearby chased him and grabbed him, they said.
Hoousendove was jailed in lieu of $3,000 bail and was due in court Thursday.
There was no telephone listing for Hoousendove at the home address provided by police, and a call to the only listing for a Hoousendove in Freeport rang unanswered.