- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Winfred Thurman "Slim" Harvick, 87, of Mounds died Sunday, Dec. 28, 2003, at his home.
He was born Aug. 3, 1916, in Union County, son of Thurman Lee and Iva Karraker Harvick. He and Oma Ann Youngblood were married April 8, 1935, in Lebanon, Tenn. She died Sept. 4, 1998. He and Marie Karraker Henshaw were married March 18, 2000.
Harvick was a general contractor and served a term as Pulaski County commissioner. He was a member of Cairo Church of Christ and was an elder many years.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Joann Moreland of Dongola, Ill., Sue Orson of Penn Valley, Calif., Linda Hubbard of Knoxville, Tenn.; a stepdaughter, Pamela Austin of Atlanta, Ga.; two stepsons, Greg Henshaw of Memphis, Tenn., Jeff Henshaw of Paducah, Ky.; a sister, Linna Eddleman of Anna, Ill.; a brother, Harvalee Harvick of Anna; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and at Mounds Church of Christ Wednesday from 9 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the church, with Jim Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.