- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Vera F. Hawkins, 88, died Sunday, Dec. 28, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born March 27, 1915, in Golconda, Ill., daughter of Charles E. and Mayme Barger Robbs. She and Lowell Hawkins were married Dec. 8, 1934.
Hawkins was a member of Tanner Street Church of God.
Survivors include her husband; a son, David Hawkins of St. Charles, Mo.; a daughter, Alyce Mabrey of O'Fallon, Mo.; four grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 2 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Carl Addison and Larry Smith officiating. Burial will be in Sikeston Memorial Park Cemetery.