- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Melvin Kolb, 76, of Vienna, Ill., formerly of Dongola, died Sunday, Dec. 28, 2003, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born June 5, 1927, in Chicago, son of Lewis and Edna Otto Kolb. He and Ruth Ann Wohl-wend were married Jan. 28, 1984.
Kolb was a retired steel mill worker. He was a member of Gilead Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Vienna.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife, and a brother, Marvin Kolb of Delavan, Wis.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna after 11 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Bud McDannel officiating. Burial will be in Maplewood Cemetery at Marion, Ill.