- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MATTHEWS, Mo. -- Uler Lorean Spurgeon, 78, of Matthews died Sunday, Dec. 28, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Aug. 14, 1925, in Durant, Okla., daughter of James P. and Nova Rolland Dufur. She first married Adrain Warf, who died in 1984. She later married Ben Spurgeon, who died in 1994.
Spurgeon was formerly of Gray Summit, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Daryl Warf of Saalstadt, Germany; a daughter, Phyllis Dodd of Sikeston; three brothers, Gene Dufur of Streator, Ill., Bill Dufur of Moline, Ill., Jerry Dufur of Port Byron, Ill.; four sisters, Ruby Hughes and Geneva Forrest of Sikeston, Irene Crowden of Perkins, Mo., Jimmie Blaise of East Moline, Ill.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. David Craig officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.