- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Blues prevail 3-2 to end four-game winless streak
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ryan Johnson scored the game-winner with 3:44 left and Doug Weight added a goal and an assist to lead the Blues past the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 Monday night.
Johnson benefited from a giveaway by Columbus' Rick Nash, the NHL's leading goal scorer with 23. Nash passed from the half boards in his own end to the middle of the ice and Johnson intercepted, scoring his second of the season. His shot was a rocket from the left dot that beat Marc Denis high on the glove side.
Keith Tkachuk also had a goal for the Blues, playing the first of 16 games in 34 days.
St. Louis was winless in four (0-2-2). Columbus lost its fifth in a row at home.
Geoff Sanderson and Todd Marchant scored for the Blue Jackets.
Blues goaltender Chris Osgood was injured early in the game after being struck in the leg by a puck shot by teammate Bryce Salvador and falling awkwardly. Osgood sprawled on the ice as the Blues scrambled to control the puck in the final seconds of a Columbus power play.
Osgood was helped off and replaced by Brent Johnson, who finished with 22 saves.
Columbus tied it 2-2 at 3:31 of the third when Marchant scored his fourth off a centering pass from David Vyborny.