- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Robert Steven Andersen, 49, of Spokane Valley, Wash., died Oct. 8, 2003, at his family's home in Spokane Valley.
He was born Feb. 6, 1954, at Kansas City, Mo., son of Robert and Shirley Drymon Andersen. He and Delores Heisserer were married on Nov. 25, 1989.
Andersen was a self-employed welder and a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps who served in the Vietnam War. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Columbia, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; his mother, Shirley Andersen of Las Vegas, Nev.; a son, Shane Andersen of Oran, Mo.; a daughter, Louise Andersen of Oran, Mo.; a brother, Christopher Andersen of Versailles, Mo.; and three sisters, Janis Hoenshell of North Las Vegas, Nev., Patty Scott of Las Vegas, Nev., and Linda Forgey of Bolivar, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father and a sister.
Friends may call from 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The Rev. John Harth will officiate, with burial in Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery in Oran. Graveside military rites will be provided. Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran is in charge of arrangements.