- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Heather Katharine Moran and Michael E. Gurnow were married April 12, 2003, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Hope Essner and soloist was Renee Reinagel, both of Kelso.
The bride is the daughter of David and Catherine Moran of Kelso. The groom is the son of Michael and Delia Gurnow of New Madrid, Mo.
Maid of honor was Robyn Mainor of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Wendy Stott-Berry of Cape Girardeau, and Susan Diebold of Kelso, cousin of the bride.
Samuel Hunter IV of St. Louis was best man. Groomsmen were Airek Beauchamp of Cape Girardeau, and Sandy Speakman, cousin of the groom. Ushers were William Riley of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom, and Joshua Westrich.
Candlelighter was Lindsey Beasley of Cape Girardeau. Ringbearer was Matthew Menz of Sikeston, Mo., cousin of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 11 at Woodard's Restaurant in Jackson.
Mrs. Gurnow is a 2000 graduate of Notre Dame High School, and is majoring in historic preservation. She is assistant manager at Subway in Cape Girardeau.
The groom received an associate degree in English from Three Rivers Community College in 1997, a bachelor's degree in literature in 1999 and a master's degree in English in 2001, both from Southeast Missouri State University. He is an adjunct faculty member in the English departments at Shawnee Community College and Southeast University.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.