- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Jean Marie Meyer and Kareem Talaat Fuad Boctor were married May 24, 2003, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. J. Friedel performed the ceremony. Pianist was Cheryl Oberhaus, flutist was Thuy Ha, and vocalist was Melissa Bauer.
The bride is the daughter of Thomas M. and Mary E. Meyer of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Talaat and Aida Boctor of St. Louis.
Maid of honor was Heather Meyer, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Katie Poeppel and Debra Cribbs of St. Louis; Catherine Meyer of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride; and Meredith Elfrink of Alton, Ill. Junior bridesmaid was Tara Meyer, sister of the bride.
Emory Brock of St. Louis was best man. Groomsmen were Scott Maiura, Joe Cipriano, Mark Cribbs, and Bassem Boctor, brother of the groom. Ushers were Thomas N. Meyer, brother of the bride; Steve Bopp, Colleen Born, and Joanna Maybry.
Ringbearer was Maxwell Boctor, son of Bassem Boctor and Cari Rogers and nephew of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The rehearsal dinner was held May 23 at Holiday Inn.
Mrs. Boctor received a bachelor's degree in human environmental studies-interior design. She is a sales specialist at Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse.
The groom expects to receive a bachelor's degree in mass communication in May 2004. He is an on-air talent and producer at KRCU and an on-air talent and board operator at Zimmer Radio.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.