- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Mamie K. Chapman, 91, of Anna died Friday, Dec. 26, 2003, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale.
She was born Aug. 21, 1912, in Poseyville, Ind., daughter of Sylvester and Stella May Grigsby Evans. She and Lowell Chapman were married Oct. 8, 1934. He died June 9, 1957.
Chapman retired from Union County Nursing Home where she worked as a nurse's aid. She was a member of Anna Church of the Nazarene.
Survivors include a son, Bill Chapman of Anna; two brothers; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Richard Keeley will offiicate.
Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.