- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Melvin D. Rhyne, 80, of Perryville, Mo., died Thursday, Dec. 25, 2003, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 2, 1923, at Crosstown, Mo., son of Daniel and Birdie Pullum Rhyne. He and Velva Lee "Betty" Norton were married June 17, 1960, and she died Jan. 4, 1973.
Survivors include a stepson, Timothy Norton; and two sisters, Elizabeth Baylor of Cape Girardeau and Anna Rowe of House Springs, Mo.
He was also preceded in death by an infant sister, two infant brothers, one brother and one sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. Friday until time of funeral at 1 p.m. at Young & Sons Funeral Home Chapel. The Rev. Steve Francis will officiate. Burial will be in Bethlehem Baptist Cemetery in Crosstown.