- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- David Edward Boyer, 54, of Sikeston died Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2003, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Mo.
He was born Oct. 13, 1949, in Sikeston to Ralph E. and Martha Jane Lewis Boyer.
He graduated Sikeston High School in 1967 and Culver-Stockton College in Canton, Mo., in 1972. He worked in commercial construction for many years with Boyer Construction Co. of Sikeston. He was a member of First Christian Church in Sikeston and the Sikeston Jaycees and was active in the Sikeston Little Theater organization.
He and Saralyn Ruffin were married Dec. 20, 1985, in Sikeston.
Survivors include his wife; his parents of Sikeston; a stepson, Eric Probst of Paducah, Ky.; a brother, Philip Boyer of Sikeston; and one sister, Sally Lape of Sikeston.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Allen Shriver officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Cemetery at Morley, Mo.