- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- James Robert Henard, 82, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2003, at the V.A. Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Jan. 23, 1921, at Mount Pleasant, Ill., son of Rama and Cassie Brown Henard. He and Geraldine Bass were married April 19, 1946, in Arkansas. She died Aug. 17, 1998.
Henard worked as a manager at Jo An Laundry and Dry Cleaners until retirement. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and was involved in the European Theater from 1942 to 1946. He was a member of the VFW Post 3455 in Anna and the United Methodist Church of Jonesboro.
Survivors include a son, John Henard of Lick Creek, Ill.; two brothers, Ike Henard of California and Glenn Henard of Texas; a sister, Loretta of Palo Alto, Calif.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until the time of funeral at 1 p.m. Saturday in the chapel of Hileman Funeral Home. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.