- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- Otto S. Diebold, 78, of Benton died Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2003, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born April 9, 1925, at Benton, son of Otto Solomon and Elizabeth Rose Bertrand Diebold. He and Barbara Faye Hester were married Oct. 22, 1955, at Benton. She died April 26, 1998.
Diebold worked as a foreman at Florsheim Shoe Co. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II. Diebold was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include a son, Robert Diebold of Jackson, Tenn.; two daughters, Diana Beggs of Benton and Linda Boaz of Jackson; a brother, Stephen Diebold of Benton; and six grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton; parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Denis Catholic Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Full military graveside rites will be performed by the Missouri Honors Program. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.