- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Dr. Jodi Rae Glaus and Scott Pingel were married June 7, 2003, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in New Madrid, Mo. The Rev. David Hulshof performed the ceremony, assisted by Msgr. Michael Swalina. Organist was Geri Beussink of Jackson, aunt of the bride. Vocalists were Mark and Mike Kohlfeld of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the groom.
Lectors were Dr. Christine Kistler of Clinton, Okla., Dr. Kerri Bates of Harlington, Texas, and Dr. John Spitler of St. Louis. Offertory gifts were presented by James Baer, uncle of the groom, and Benji Baer, cousin of the groom. Servers were Sunnye Carlisle of Lilbourn, Mo., and Samantha Rellergert of Uniontown, Mo.
Parents of the couple are Mr. and Mrs. Bill Glaus of New Madrid and Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Pingel of Perryville.
The bride was escorted by her father.
Maid of honor was Heidi Glaus of St. Louis, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Beth Stufflebam of Ballwin, Mo., sister of the groom; Kathleen Miles of St. Charles, Mo., Kara Wood of Fayetteville, Ark., Emily Neller of Springfield, Mo., and Kathryn Rooney of St. Louis.
Randy Besand of St. Louis was best man. Groomsmen were Mark Layton of Shreveport, La., John Squires of Prairie Village, Kan., Donald Wood of Fayetteville, Gideon Hixon of Dallas, Texas, and Logan Stanley of Joplin, Mo. Ushers were Eric Danker of Fenton, Mo., Joseph Scholl of Fulton, Mo., and Mark Winschel of Ballwin.
Candlelighters were Amanda Rose and Jodi Vann of St. Louis.
Guest book attendants were Erin Pfau, cousin of the bride, and Whitney Pingel, cousin of the groom, both of Cape Girardeau. Programs were handed out by Brooke Beussink of Jackson, cousin of the bride, and Lindsey Pingel of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance reception was held at the Eagles Lodge in New Madrid.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 6 at New Madrid Country Club.
Mrs. Pingel is a graduate of New Madrid County Central High School and William Woods University at Fulton, Mo. She received a doctorate degree in clinical psychology from Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Mo. She is completing a second year post-doctoral residency at St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute in St. Louis.
The groom is a graduate of St. Vincent's High School in Perryville, and received a degree in mathematics from Westminster College at Fulton. He is offensive coordinator of the football team at Westminster.
After a wedding trip to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, the couple is residing in St. Louis.