- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Helen Lorine McLaurin, 77, of Centralia, Ill., died Thursday, Dec. 18, 2003, at St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia.
She was born Feb. 21, 1926, in Canalou, Mo., daughter of John and Emma Saunders Chaney. She and Philip McLaurin were married Nov. 1, 1944. He died May 13, 1991.
McLaurin was a member of the Baptist church in Canalou.
Survivors include a son, David McLaurin of Mount Vernon, Ill.; two daughters, Phyllis Kelley of Dubuque, Iowa, Emma Gamel of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Harry Chaney of Canalou; a sister, Lala Duke of East Prairie, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers, two sisters and three grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston, Mo., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. The Rev. Mike Cartwright will officiate. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.