- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Amy Elizabeth Calahan and Chad Christopher Brueckner were married Nov. 18, 2006, at Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. Monsignor Ed Eftink performed the ceremony. Pianist was Marty Roth of Cape Girardeau, uncle of the groom. Soloists were Nicole Gagan of Barnhart, Mo., cousin of the bride, and Shanna Brueckner of Manchester, Mo., sister-in-law of the groom.
Parents of the couple are Michael and Joan Calahan and Jerry and Sharon Brueckner, all of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was April Penrod and matron of honor was Jennifer Hart, both of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Miner of Jackson, sister of the bride; Christy Brueckner of Charleston, S.C., sister of the groom; Heather Steffens of Cape Girardeau, Amy Klund of Kelso, Mo., Jennifer Davis of Cape Girardeau, and Tracy Guth of Jackson.
Best men were Mark Brueckner of Manchester and Scott Brueckner of Cape Girardeau, brothers of the groom. Groomsmen were Greg Hellwege of Cape Girardeau, Justin Robert of Weatherford, Texas, Seth Benton of Charleston, Mo.; Chris Calahan, brother of the bride, Chris Davis, and Kevin Pingel, cousin of the groom, all of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Jon and Andrew Koenig of Farrar, Mo., Tommy Petzoldt of Jackson, cousins of the groom; Byron Pletcher of Cape Girardeau, and Blake Tilley of St. Louis.
Miniature bride and groom were Ashlyn Brueckner and Creed Davis. Ashlyn is the daughter of Mark and Shanna Brueckner and niece of the groom. Creed is the son of Chris and Jennifer Davis and godson of the groom.
Candlelighter was Donny Henson of Jackson, son of Jennifer Miner and Dan Henson and nephew of the bride.
Flower girl was Kaitlin Hart and ringbearer was Alex Churchill. Kaitlin is the daughter of Bobby and Jennifer Hart and goddaughter of the bride. Alex is the son of Bill Churchill and Jennifer Miner and nephew of the bride.
Janet Koenig of Farrar, godmother of the groom, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Janet Kalin of Pacific, Mo., godmother of the bride, and Lisa Everette of St. Charles, Mo., aunt of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 17 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Brueckner received a master of arts degree in communication disorders. She is a speech language pathologist with Jackson School District.
The groom received a bachelor of arts degree in graphic design. He is a freelance artist.
After a wedding trip to the Pacific Coast, the couple resides in Jackson.