- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Have you noticed litter piling up along interstate?
To the editor:
I drive Interstate 55 from Fruitland to Cape Girardeau a lot. Has anyone noticed the trash all down through there? Now someone has dumped a couch out there. If we don't have enough state workers to keep things clean, there are people in jail with a lot of time on their hands.
The state needs to put up signs that say "No Littering." And people, if they care at all, need to keep a bag in the car for their trash. What a mess.