- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Have you noticed litter piling up along interstate?
To the editor:
I drive Interstate 55 from Fruitland to Cape Girardeau a lot. Has anyone noticed the trash all down through there? Now someone has dumped a couch out there. If we don't have enough state workers to keep things clean, there are people in jail with a lot of time on their hands.
The state needs to put up signs that say "No Littering." And people, if they care at all, need to keep a bag in the car for their trash. What a mess.