- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Donnie Lee Hillman, 59, of Scott City died Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003, at her home.
She was born June 20, 1944, at Illmo, daughter of Frank L. and Ella LaDon "Sally" Summers Bles. She and Steve Hillman were married March 4, 1995, in Scott City.
Donnie was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City, and VFW Post 3838 Ladies Auxiliary in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Karen Johnson of Cape Girardeau, Carol Moran of Boca Raton, Fla.; a stepson, Roger Hillman of Ozark, Mo.; two brothers, Ricky and Randy Bles of Fort Worth, Texas; four sisters, Vickie Byrd, Dianne Seaton and Sheila Swinford, all of Fort Worth, Barbara Walls of Uvalda, Ga.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today. A prayer service will be held at 6:30. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. David Coon officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.