- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Two St. Louis-area hunters drown
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Two St. Louis-area men have drowned in a northeast Missouri river during a weekend hunting trip.
The bodies of Ronald Koch of Arnold and his cousin, Ralph F. Crumby Jr. of Hillsboro, both 33, were discovered Sunday morning after their vehicle struck a bridge and overturned into the Fabius River in Marion County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol reported.
Marion County Coroner Peggy Porter said Monday the men's Suburban was almost completely submerged when a passer-by noticed it Sunday in the Fabius River between Hannibal and Palmyra and called authorities.
Porter said both men drowned, and no autopsies would be performed.
"The roads are bad up here," she said. "I'm sure they missed their turn."