- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Jerry F. Mansfield, 65, of Bell City, Mo., formerly of East Prairie, died Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 26, 1938, at Barnes Ridge Community, Mo., near East Prairie, son of Charles and Ruby Bowles Mansfield.
Mansfield was a member of the U.S. Air Force. He lived in Colorado Springs, Colo., for many years, where he retired from the Air Force. He later moved to Akron, Ohio. He was also a retired postal carrier.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Mansfield, Jr., of Colorado Springs; two daughters, Renee Moondragon and Donna Mansfield of Colorado Springs; a sister, Lula Maestas of Bell City and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, two brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. today at the Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Joyce Palmer and Mike Abbott officiating. Burial will be in the Dogwood Cemetery at East Prairie.