- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Paul E. "Sonny" Hudson, 61, of Mounds, died Saturday, Dec. 13, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 9, 1942, at Wyatt, Mo.
Hudson was a professional soldier, retiring with the rank of sergeant in the U.S. Army. He was a member of the First Baptist Church in Mounds, the Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891 and the American Legion.
Survivors include his wife, Ruth Hudson of Mounds; two sons, David Hudson of Mound City, Ill., and Christopher Hudson of Washington, D.C.; two sisters, Evelyn Denson of Metropolis, Ill., and Muriel Nipper of Reno, Nev.; three grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds. Funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Tom Bridges officiating. Burial will be in the U.S. National Cemetery at Mound City. Military honors will be provided by the Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891.