- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- R.G. Cobb, 76, of Chaffee died Sunday, Dec. 14, 2003, at the family home.
He was born Dec. 24, 1926, at Corinth, Miss., son of Robert Gaines and Anna Arnitt Cobb. He married Annie Smith and she survives.
R.G. was a self-employed retired farmer and excavator.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Joe Bob and Ricky D. Cobb of Chaffee, Harold W. Cobb of Scott City, Mo., and James E. Cobb of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Dixie Shaffer of Chaffee, Betty Maschmann and Darla Chapman of Cape Girardeau, and Sally Hahn of Oran, Mo.; a sister, Marie Griffin of Fredericktown, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and 13 stepgreat-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, Mike Cobb; three brothers, a sister; two grandchildren and one stepgrandchild.
Friends may call today at 5 p.m. and Tuesday from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. There will be a private graveside service 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Union Park Cemetery. The Rev. Keith Price will officiate.