- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Opal Rowley, age 81 of Olmsted, Ill., formerly of Ware, Ill., and Wolf Lake, Ill., passed away Sunday, Dec. 14, 2003, at the Carbondale Nursing and Rehab Center. She was born Dec. 18, 1921, in Astoria, Kan., daughter of Claud and Velma Kenny Edwards. She married Roy W. Rowley April 15, 1941, in Jackson. He preceded her in death Oct. 9, 1980. She was a homemaker and a member of the Galilee Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Kenneth Rowley and wife Dorothy of Jackson and James A. Rowley and his fiancé Susan Daily of Herrin, Ill.; three daughters, Janet Golliher and husband Dean of Anna, Ill., Joanne Dillow and husband Jerry of Anna, and Margie Brock and husband Wesley of Dongola, Ill.; two brothers, Frank Edwards of Murphysboro, Ill., and Richard Edwards and wife Norma of Olmsted; two sisters, Helen Copeland of Anna and Betty Bierbaum and husband Walter of Olmsted; stepsister Irene Sauerbrunn and husband Robert of Olmsted; grandchildren Kenneth Rowley Jr. of Jackson, Daniel Rowley and wife Brie of Murphysboro, Joshua Davis of Anna, Adam Rowley of Carbondale, Ill.; stepgrandchildren Toni Leggans of Marion, Ill., Dorene Pedigo and husband Donald of Chattanooga, Tenn., Jerry Dillow Jr., and wife Tiffiny of Anna, and Julie Dyer and husband Dave of Whitewater, Mo.; numerous nieces, nephews, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband; two brothers, Leon and Wesley Edwards; and her stepmother, Kathryn Edwards.
Funeral services will be conducted Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003, at 11 a.m. in the chapel of Hileman Funeral Home with the Rev. John Cripps officiating. Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home. Interment will be in the Casper Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the Diabetes Association or the Casper Cemetery.