- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Esther Beatrice Pope Owens, 78, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Dec. 13, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 22, 1924, in Oran, Mo., daughter of Joseph E. and Ollie M. Sheppard Pope. She and Cicero Owens were married Feb. 9, 1946. He preceded her in death on Oct. 2, 1982.
Loving survivors are three daughters and two sons-in-law, Aaron and Kay Gilbert of Metropolis, Ill., Fay and Dennis Turbeville of Patton, Mo., and Susie Fulton of Warrensburg, Mo.; one sister, Mae Rauls of St. Louis; eleven grandchildren and several great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by three brothers, three sisters, and one son-in-law, Ron Fulton.
Mrs. Owens was a member of the Baptist faith. She provided day care services in her home in Jackson for many years.
Friends may call Monday, Dec. 15, between 4 and 8 p.m. at the McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Funeral service will be Tuesday, Dec. 16, at 1 p.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ronnie Brown officiating. Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the American Cancer Society or to the American Heart Association.