- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Holiday of Lights contest winners announced
Members of the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce's Community Beautification and Enhancement Committee selected Holiday of Lights contest winners Dec. 9.
Committee members chose two residences and a commercial display from each of seven areas of the city.
Residential winners were: David and Angie Kaelin, 3115 Vail Drive; Connie Simmons, 3901 Carolewood; Don and Betty Metcalfe, 1722 Crestwood; Paul and Mary Hendrix, 1873 Marietta; Gene and Vera Rhodes; 1226 West Cape Rock Drive; Susan Dodd, 2507 Abbey Road; Lee, Debbie and Robert Gattis, 3401 Glenview Drive; Rena and Jerris Cova, 40 Schonoff Lane; Doug Breite, 2811 Thomas Drive; Neal Peterman, 2624 Melrose; Kenny & Marsha Clark, 443 N. Frederick; John Perry and Steven Williams, 630 North St.; Doug and Linda Koch, 1708 Montgomery; Erin and Christy Tapley, 515 Koch.
Commercial winners were: Fountainbleau Lodge, 2001 N. Kingshighway; Southeast Missouri Hospital, 1701 Lacey; St. Francis Medical Center, 211 St. Francis Drive; Osage Community Centre, 1625 N. Kingshighway; Nip Kelley Cos., 41 N. Sprigg St.; Hutson's Furniture, 43 S. Main.