- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Erin Nichole Wehr and Darrin James Whaley exchanged vows July 5, 2003, at St. Mary Catholic Church in Ireland, Ind. The Rev. Don Ackerman performed the ceremony. Lectors were Brett Stenftenagel of Jasper, Ind., uncle of the bride, and Wanda Lorenz of Jackson, aunt of the groom. Sister Mary Louise was organist, and vocalists were Tracey Burke and Kevin Manley.
The bride is the daughter of Roger and Carol Wehr of Jasper. The groom is the son of James and Rita Whaley of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Jill Ward and matron of honor was Amanda Denning, both of Jasper. Bridesmaids were Stacy Tonksley of Bedford, Ind.; Sara Ahrens of Ridgeway, Ill.; Dana Whaley of Jackson, sister of the groom; and Ashten Stenftenagel of Jasper, cousin of the bride. Junior bridesmaid was Logen Stenftenagel of Jasper, cousin of the bride.
Phillip Whaley of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Eric Sweeney of Paducah, Ky., Eric Stiegemeyer of Jackson, Brian Lile and Clint Cobb of Greenville, Ky., and Josh Wehr of Jasper, brother of the bride. Junior groomsman was Benjamin Braunecker of Jasper, cousin of the bride. Ushers were Tony Mattingly of Henderson, Ky., and Eric Roth of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
Flower girl was Megan Stenftenagel of Jasper, cousin of the bride.
Audrey Wehr, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book. Program attendant was Stacy Roth of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Holiday Inn in Jasper.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 4 at the Holiday Inn.
Mrs. Whaley is a 1997 graduate of Jasper High School. She received an associate of science degree from the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville in 2001. She is a radiologic technologist at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville.
The groom is a 1995 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a master's degree in business from Murray State University in Murray, Ky., in 2000. He is a certified public accountant with Neel and Co. in Henderson.
After a wedding trip to Atlantis, Paradise Island and the Bahamas, the couple is residing in Evansville.