- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Amy Marie Green and Chad D. Barks were married July 5, 2003, at New Salem Baptist Church in Marble Hill, Mo. The Rev. Dan Tankersley and Ronnie Mouser performed the ceremony. Flutist was Gretchen Probst of Cape Girardeau, sister-in-law of the groom. Guitarist and soloist was Jared Rouggly of Jackson.
Rick and Dorothy Green of Whitewater are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Dan and Darlene Barks of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Sarah Green of Whitewater, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Sarah Montgomery of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Jessica Craft of Jackson, and Tammy Jenkins of Whitewater.
Brian Probst of Cape Girardeau was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Travis Smith of Cape Girardeau, Jared Rouggly of Jackson, and Wesley Orrell of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Andrew and David Green of Whitewater, brothers of the bride.
Candlelighters were Jason Green, brother of the bride; Jacob Green, son of Steve and Connie Rich of Whitewater and cousin of the bride; and Phillip Arnzen, son of Doug and Kim Arnzen of Kirkwood, Mo., and cousin of the bride.
Flower girls were Jordan and Katie Khourie, daughters of Jonathan and April Khourie of Chaffee, Mo., and Hannah Rich, daughter of Steve and Connie Rich and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Daniel Rich, son of Steve and Connie Rich and cousin of the bride.
Beverly Johnson attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the church. Servers were Mary Tankersley and Connie Rich, aunts of the bride, and Gretchen Probst.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 3 at the church.
Mrs. Barks is a graduate of Delta High School at Delta. She received a bachelor of science degree in middle school education from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a seventh grade teacher at Jackson Middle School.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed by Major Custom Cable in Fruitland.
The couple is residing in Jackson.