- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Amanda Rose Detring and Brian Christopher Bonfanti were married July 19, 2003, at Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. John Rice and the Rev. Richard Hanneke performed the ceremony. Pianist was Laura Bollinger, and soloist was Jane Oehl of Jackson.
Scripture readers were Alison Gowan of Portageville, Mo., Erika King of Jackson, Christine Carroll of Lake St. Louis, Mo., Julie Schill of St. Louis, Stacy Mills of Cape Girardeau, Cammy White of New Madrid, Mo., and the Rev. Amy Habicht of Richmond, Va., cousin of the bride.
Parents of the couple are Dr. and Mrs. Kenneth Detring of Jackson, and Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Bonfanti of Chesterfield, Mo.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Maid of honor was Meredith Detring, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Sarah Detring, sister of the bride; Bridgette Birk, both of Jackson; Natalie Risk of St. Louis; April Blount of Eureka, Mo.; and Lauren Bonfanti of Chesterfield, sister of the groom.
Steven Bonfanti of Chesterfield served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Paul Hadfield of Fenton, Mo., Tom Hadfield of Colorado, cousins of the groom; Jeff Kessler of Overland, Mo., Reed Rohlfing of Maryland Heights, Mo.; and Adam Filla of Fenton. Ushers were Justin Gilmer of New Madrid; Gregg Kreyling of St. Louis; Brian Hadfield of Fenton and Dan Hadfield of Ballwin, Mo., both cousins of the groom.
Candlelighters were Dana and Megan Dement, daughters of James and Donna Dement of Tulsa, Okla., and cousins of the bride.
Guest book and program attendants were Kelly Lambing of St. Louis, Amanda Black of Oakville, Mo., Melanie Regan of San Diego, Calif., and Megan Hadfield of Ballwin.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance reception was held at Bavarian Halle. Servers were Jinger Sachse of Cape Girardeau and Jen Grundtad of Chesterfield.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 18 at Holiday Inn, with 49 guests attending.
Mrs. Bonfanti is a 1998 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a degree in secondary business education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003. She is employed by Rockwood School District.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of DeSmet Jesuit High School in St. Louis. He received a bachelor's degree in finance from Southeast University in 2002. He is a credit analyst with Meramec Valley Bank in Ellisville, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Nassau, Bahamas, the couple is residing in Manchester, Mo.