- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police: Men chase woman, fire shots, apologize for mistaken ID when mom arrives (06/17/16)14
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
- Freshman from Southeast Missouri ropes in state title (06/16/16)
Ozzy Osbourne stopped breathing after crash
LONDON -- Ozzy Osbourne stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating for more than a minute after a crash on an all-terrain vehicle, a newspaper quoted his wife as saying Friday. Sharon Osbourne said a security guard who was with the rock star resuscitated him, the Daily Mirror tabloid reported. Osbourne, 55, fractured his left collarbone, eight ribs and a neck vertebra in Monday's accident at his estate in Buckinghamshire, southern England.
He underwent emergency surgery after the crash to restore the flow to a damaged blood vessel.
He has been on a ventilator in intensive care at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, west of London. Hospital medical director Dr. Dick Jack has said he expects the 55-year-old "Black Sabbath" star to make a steady recovery.
Jack said Osbourne was "progressing well, but slowly."
"With each day he becomes less dependent on the ventilator," he said. "It is still too early to take him off entirely. Otherwise he is well, with no complications."
Sharon Osbourne reportedly said doctors did not yet know whether her husband would have any long-term effects.
"The doctors are hoping there hasn't been any lasting damage, but until Ozzy can actually come round and get off the ventilator and then they will know," she was quoted as saying.
She reportedly added that Ozzy Osbourne crashed as he drove over uneven ground and the bike landed on top of him.