- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Ozzy Osbourne stopped breathing after crash
LONDON -- Ozzy Osbourne stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating for more than a minute after a crash on an all-terrain vehicle, a newspaper quoted his wife as saying Friday. Sharon Osbourne said a security guard who was with the rock star resuscitated him, the Daily Mirror tabloid reported. Osbourne, 55, fractured his left collarbone, eight ribs and a neck vertebra in Monday's accident at his estate in Buckinghamshire, southern England.
He underwent emergency surgery after the crash to restore the flow to a damaged blood vessel.
He has been on a ventilator in intensive care at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, west of London. Hospital medical director Dr. Dick Jack has said he expects the 55-year-old "Black Sabbath" star to make a steady recovery.
Jack said Osbourne was "progressing well, but slowly."
"With each day he becomes less dependent on the ventilator," he said. "It is still too early to take him off entirely. Otherwise he is well, with no complications."
Sharon Osbourne reportedly said doctors did not yet know whether her husband would have any long-term effects.
"The doctors are hoping there hasn't been any lasting damage, but until Ozzy can actually come round and get off the ventilator and then they will know," she was quoted as saying.
She reportedly added that Ozzy Osbourne crashed as he drove over uneven ground and the bike landed on top of him.