- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
New CEO of Caterpillar heavy-equipment maker
PEORIA, Ill. -- James W. Owens, a longtime Caterpillar Inc. executive, was named Wednesday to replace retiring chairman and chief executive Glen A. Barton at the heavy-equipment manufacturer. Owens, 57, was named vice chairman and will move up to head the company when Barton retires Jan. 31.
Intel consolidates cost-generating unit
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Less than a week after warning of a $600 million fourth-quarter charge, Intel Corp. said it is consolidating the unit that caused the problem into another of its businesses. The new Intel Communications Group will provide the silicon chip-based building blocks for networks, cell phones, computers.
Abercrombie & Fitch halts racy catalog
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch says it will discontinue its quarterly catalog, which had been criticized for its young, scantily clad or nude models.
-- From wire reports