- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
New CEO of Caterpillar heavy-equipment maker
PEORIA, Ill. -- James W. Owens, a longtime Caterpillar Inc. executive, was named Wednesday to replace retiring chairman and chief executive Glen A. Barton at the heavy-equipment manufacturer. Owens, 57, was named vice chairman and will move up to head the company when Barton retires Jan. 31.
Intel consolidates cost-generating unit
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Less than a week after warning of a $600 million fourth-quarter charge, Intel Corp. said it is consolidating the unit that caused the problem into another of its businesses. The new Intel Communications Group will provide the silicon chip-based building blocks for networks, cell phones, computers.
Abercrombie & Fitch halts racy catalog
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch says it will discontinue its quarterly catalog, which had been criticized for its young, scantily clad or nude models.
-- From wire reports