- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
People talk 12/11/03
Reality of flu sets in for singer David Bowie
TORONTO -- Influenza is keeping David Bowie in bed and off the stage, forcing the postponement of two more concerts on the North American leg of his "Reality Tour." The 56-year-old rocker has failed to make concert dates in Atlantic City, N.J.; Washington; Boston and Philadelphia since last week. Bowie's managers and promoter Clear Channel Entertainment now hope to launch the North American tour Friday at Toronto's Air Canada Center.
Britney says try at kiss had no 'lesbian vibe'
Britney Spears says there was "no lesbian vibe going on" when she apparently tries to kiss Madonna in her new music video."In the Zone" features Madonna, and the music video ends with Spears apparently trying to kiss the 45-year-old pop star, who vanishes before Spears can zero in. Madonna and Spears famously locked lips at the MTV Video Music Awards in September.
MTV to produce Super Bowl halftime show
LOS ANGELES -- Corporate synergy is paying off for MTV. The cable music network will produce the halftime show for the 2004 Super Bowl airing on CBS. Both MTV and CBS are owned by Viacom. MTV produced the halftime show for the 2001 Super Bowl, which also aired on CBS and featured Aerosmith, 'N Sync, Britney Spears, Nelly and Mary J. Blige.
Elvis Costello weds jazz singer in England
NEW YORK -- Jazz singer Diana Krall has tied the knot with her beau of one year, Elvis Costello, in a wedding in England. The couple married Saturday night in a ceremony at Elton John's mansion in Surrey, England, Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper reported. About 150 guests, including Paul McCartney and Canada's consul general to New York, Pamela Wallin, were sworn to secrecy, the newspaper reported. Krall grew up outside Vancouver, British Columbia.
-- From wire reports