- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
SIKESTON, Mo. -- H. Cline Carter, 89, of Sikeston died Sunday, Dec. 7, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born Jan. 17, 1914, at Oran, Mo., son of Frank and Addie Carter. He and Marjorie Burke were married July 31, 1940.
Carter moved to Cape Girardeau about 1929 from Oran, and was a 1931 graduate of Central High School.
He started Carter's Delivery Service in Sikeston in 1946 and operated it several years. He later became a letter carrier for the U.S. Post Office, retiring in 1979. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Sikeston.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sisters, Priscilla Wagner of St. Louis and Patricia Seabaugh of Hot Springs Village, Ark.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 1 to 2 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home. The Revs. Rick Lasley and David Jackson will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau, with full military rites.